The Stevens Institute of Technology Police Department is accepting
applications for the position of campus police officer.
1) Must be 21 years of age or older;
2) Must be a United States Citizen and legal resident of the State of
3) Must possess a high school graduate diploma or GED with higher
education in a related field preferred and must have the ability to
speak, read and write fluently in the English language
4) Must possess a New Jersey drivers license with a good driving
history and be capable of operating a law enforcement vehicle during
both day and night, in emergency situations involving speeds in excess
of posted limits, in congested traffic and in unsafe road conditions
caused by factors such as fog, smoke, rain, ice and snow.
5) Must not be convicted of a crime
6) Must have attended and successfully completed a bonafide New
Jersey Basic Police Academy and be a fully certified police officer as
required by the New Jersey Police Training Commission and /or possess a
current PTC Certification
7) Must successfully pass an interview process, rigorous background
investigation and psychological examination.
8) Must be physically fit to perform all the duties associated with
the duties of a campus police officer
9) Supervisory experience preferred
The Campus Police Officer shall be responsible for the safety and
security of all University properties; the faculty, staff, student body;
and guests and visitors during the assigned tour of duty. The Campus
Police Officer will patrol the University buildings, grounds and
adjacent public areas to enforce the statutes of the State of New
Jersey, and the rules and regulations of the Stevens Institute of
Technology. The Campus Police Officer shall be individually responsible
for the post or assignment during the official tour of duty. This
responsibility will include all of the following:
1. Prevention and suppression of crime.
2. Protection of life and property.
3. Apprehension and protection of offenders.
4. Preservation of the peace and maintenance of order.
5. Enforcement of all state statutes and University regulations.
6. Assist with the development and improvement of mechanisms to create
and enhance relationships with the department and the Community.
Click here to apply. NOTE: If you have trouble with this
link like we did, trying using a different browser.