Date Posted: March 7, 2014
The Rutgers University Police Department is accepting applications
for police officer.
Under the supervision of a University Police Sergeant or Lieutenant
or any other command officer, during an assigned tour of duty or special
assignment, has charge of the police activities designed to provide
assistance and protection for persons and property.
Officer will assure observance of all the laws of the State of New
Jersey, constitutional laws and rules and regulations of Rutgers, the
State University, on campus and off campus; to apprehend law breakers
and to abide by the policies and procedures as set down by the
University Police Department. Officer will be responsible for the
coordination and supervision of all RUPD personnel (Security Officers,
Community Service Officers and Student Safety Officers) providing
professional services at University functions.
- Appointees must possess a valid automobile license issued by the
State of New Jersey, Motor Vehicle Commission;
- be not less than 21 nor more than 40 years of age;
- Applicants must satisfactorily pass an oral review board;
- Applicants will be required to pass a thorough medical and
psychological exam. Any medical or physical condition or defect
which would prevent efficient performance of the position of police
officer, cause to applicant to be a hazard to self or others, or
become aggravated as a result of performance of these duties will be
cause for rejection;
- Visual acuity not less than 20/50 in each eye corrected to 20/20
with normal color perception; Normal auditory acuity;
- Appointees must have completed or be able to satisfactorily
complete the Police Training Course given by an accredited police
academy in the State of New Jersey;
- Appointees must be eligible for appointment as a University
Police Officer as provided in Chapter 18:A, Laws of 1970;
- Appointee must qualify with department issued firearms as
prescribed by the New Jersey State Police Training Commission.
Click here for more information.