The Allendale Police Department will be accepting resumes for the
position of Police Officer.
Applicants must have a valid Basic Police Officer PTC certification.
(No waivers accepted). A copy of the candidates’ Police Training
Certificate is to accompany each resume, along with a completed
In addition to being PTC certified, candidates must meet the
1. United States citizenship;
2. A resident of the State of New Jersey pursuant to
3. Age of not less than 21 years or more than 35 years. However, age
restrictions shall not conflict with current state or federal law
pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40A:14-127;
4. Vision and hearing adequate to perform essential job functions;
5. If an applicant has a criminal conviction, other than a
disqualifying conviction pursuant to N.J.S.A. 2C:51-2, the Detective
Bureau of the Allendale Police Department shall investigate such record
and consider such factors as may be required by law to determine whether
the applicant is qualified;
6. The applicant must possess a valid motor vehicle license that is
in good standing and issued by this state;
7. The applicant must be able to pass a psychological and/or
psychiatric evaluation prior to appointment as a regular police officer;
8. The applicant must be able to pass a comprehensive medical
examination and drug screening prior to appointment as a regular police
Submit Resume, PTC Certification and Pre-Employment application, in
Allendale Police Department
290 Franklin Turnpike
Allendale, N.J. 07401
Application deadline: 5pm, Friday, April 20, 2012.
No phone, fax or e-mails will be accepted.
Copies of Pre-Employment Applications and Essential Job Function
requirements may be obtained at Police Headquarters or on-line at
The Allendale Police Department is an Equal