Patrol Officer's Badge
The top left badge was
first worn in 1854. The top center was worn in the 1920's and the top
right was worn in the 1930's. The bottom left was worn in the 1940's.
Bottom center 1950's. The badge on the bottom right was introduced in
1955. This badge represents the first standardization of the badge
design used by all officers thru the end of 1999. Currently officers are
wearing a badge design to honor the end of the current millennium and
welcome the new.
-Knoxville Police Department Website